Graduating students may receive an American Indian Program graduation stole upon completion of their degree paths. To become eligible to receive an American Indian Program stole, students must:
Participate in AIP events. These events may include:
- Virtual or in person.
- Luncheons with a guest speaker.
- Outdoor activities such as group hikes or dance fitness.
Meet with AIP staff
- If you’ve attended the events, chances are good you’ve already checked this off your list. If not, come on in and say hello at the reception desk in the administrative offices. Introducing yourself will help us get to know you. This also helps us understand your path and show you resources to help as they come up.
Utilize the commons or study areas of the AISC
- Signing in when using these areas helps the AIP understand peak-usage hours and lets us know when students have made use of the room.
- The AISC provides cost-free printing in the Commons room. Signing in at the administrative office enables students to pick up ten sheets of paper/student/day.
These are the items that happen throughout your career here at NMSU, but also let us know when you are graduating. We know as you travel on your path to degree attainment, there can be roadblocks, detours, and shortcuts. When you are finishing up, let us know, as we also want to congratulate you on this milestone on your journey.